Reporting to the Executive Director, the Festival Production Associate will provide support on managing production logistics for the festival. The position will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and Board Members, as well as external stakeholders.
START DATE: ASAP END DATE: July 30, 2023. Ending after 26 weeks in total, *pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2023-2024) JCP program agreement.
4 business days / 32 hours per week
WORK LOCATION: Hybrid home & downtown
(80% Events Logistics and 20% Administration)
– Work with the Executive Director and the Chair of Events & Programming to help coordinate event programming and logistics
– Populate and maintain progress documents, stage/site plans, and event-specific logistics, sheets for each Festival event.
– Work with Festival Stage Managers to help coordinate venues and schedules; communicate details to venue partners
– Receive all logistic expenses, assign expense codes, deliver to the Executive Director for processing.
– Oversee online event technical aspects.
– Administer festival contracts including printing, arranging signatures, mailing, filing; assist with travel arrangements as needed.
– Coordinate with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to create compelling social media content.
– Assist with research and writing, on an as needed basis.
– Work with supervisor to develop proposals and other collateral material.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
– Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
– 1-2 years relevant experience in event production is desirable.
– Familiar and comfortable using various social media platforms; comfortable using Google Suite.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
– Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
– You are a resident, living in Ontario.
– You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
– You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.)
– You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
—Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
—Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$620 (gross) per week for 32 hours ($19.375 average per hour) provided by the Province of Ontario.
HOW TO APPLY
SEND YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
AND cc: email@example.com