How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to promote and provide IWO information and services, to ensure the security of our websites, and to run our business. We have set out below, more information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we share your personal information.
In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your request or order (e.g. needing your address to send you information or purchased products). If you do not provide that personal information we will not be able to process your request or order.
What information does IWO collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you sign up for our mailing list and interact with us and our websites. This information includes:
- Your name
- Your residential or business address, email address, and phone number
- Your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our websites
- Records of your use of IWO services.
How does IWO use your information?
We use your information as follows:
– To fulfil a contract with you or take steps at your request before this:
- Fulfilling orders
- Providing information and support if you ask for this
- Contacting you with information about changes to services
- Storing and analysing your information in order to review and progress your volunteer application.
– As required by IWO to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Giving you access to products or services you have requested
- Letting you know about IWO events and services by email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and law relating to direct marketing
- Providing targeted advertising for other IWO products and services that we think may be of interest to you, based on how you use IWO websites, products and services
- Analysing how you use IWO products and services so we can improve our levels of service and develop future products and services, including through the use of surveys
- Ensuring the security of IWO’s websites and information technology systems and protecting IWO’s rights.
Where you give us consent:
- If we need your consent in order to send marketing for IWO products and services to you
- To place cookies and use similar technology on your device(s).
- For purposes which are required by law:
- Sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which IWO is subject.
How will IWO share your information?
We share your personal details:
- Within IWO committees involved in carrying out the processing described above
- With third party service providers who process your information on IWO’s behalf for the purposes above – such as payment processors, or fulfilment houses
- With third parties which are identified as co-promoters of competitions that you enter
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of IWO, our employees, our commercial partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at email@example.com.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Storing your personal information
We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records. We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This includes keeping a record of your request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
If you disable or decline cookies, you may not be able to access some parts of the website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
If you choose to accept our cookies, you can also delete such cookies later from your computer If you delete the cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and will need to be re-created when you visit the website subsequently.
If you have queries relating to this policy, IWO can be reached our mailing address below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Italian Week Ottawa
1026 Baseline Road